|“||The Organization, The Other Side. The Other Side, The Organization. Round and round, a chaotic circle. Well, now it's time for... The Alternate.||”|
- Zendaya as K.C. Cooper
- Veronica Dunne as Marisa Miller
- Kamil McFadden as Ernie Cooper
- Trinitee Stokes as Judy Cooper
- Tammy Townsend as Kira Cooper
- Kadeem Hardison as Craig Cooper
- François Chau as Zane Willis
- Ross Butler as Brett Willis (voice)
- Roz Ryan as Gayle King
- Charlie Robinson as Othello King
- Sherri Shepherd as Beverly
- Rick Hall as Agent Johnson
- Haley Tju as Zoe (recap)
- James McCauley as Captain
- Neal Lerner as Medic
- Gina St. John as Reporter
- Eliza Lauren as Kid
| To view the Out of the Water and Into the Fire gallery, click here.
- This episode premiered the same day as Welcome to the Jungle.
- The original title was, "You Must Be Good and Kind".
- When they were in the helicopter, Marisa yelled "Heads down, stay down, brace, brace, brace", she was referring to the movie "Sully" with Tom Hanks.
- Beverly made her first appearance since K.C. and Brett: The Final Chapter - Part 2.
- The Alternate was introduced.
- Gayle sang Amazing Grace at the memorial ceremony.
- The Coopers return to their home, after coming back from The Organization. And Gayle and Othello became the first to know they were still alive.
- Judy imitates Brett's voice to make Zane meet up with the Coopers. Zane brought back-up, but ended up being the one who lost.
- This was the first time Beverly and Agent Johnson communicated in the series.
- This was the 2nd time Judy had a different hairstyle other than straight puffs (first time Spy of the Year Awards)
- Brett Willis never actually appeared in the episode, but only his voice was heard when Judy imitated it.
- It was revealed that K.C. and Brett are still in touch as she said she'd call him for the location of his birthday party held every year when Brett was a kid.
- This was Zane's last appearance in the series.
- When the ship captain pulled out Judy's arm, the skin tone of that arm was darker than Judy's real arm.
Captain Considering what you've been through, you're all very lucky.